Modification to Child Support in Florida

AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Users Can Dial: **CHILD

In Florida, child support can be modified upon a showing of a substantial change in circumstances or financial ability of either party. A substantial change in circumstance may mean a substantial increase in the earnings of one parent, a substantial decrease in the earnings of the other or a time share schedule that exceeds 40% of overnights with the parent requesting modification.

To determine if a substantial change in circumstances has occurred courts will consider the financial ability of a parent to pay, the needs of the parties, the needs and best interest of the child, compliance with the latest child support guidelines, and finding that medical insurance is reasonably available.

Although modification to child support may be available, the court cannot cancel or reduce past due payments of child support.  Any reduction or termination of child support would be retroactive only to the date the spouse filed the petition for modification or termination.

If a parent fails to pay child support the court can take away the non-paying parent’s driver’s license, professional license, boating license, or other Florida issued licenses.

Do you like our straight forward, and easy to understand explanations of complex legal concepts?

Around here we have a saying, “If you can’t explain it in simple language, you don’t really understand it.”

We’re changing the way people think about lawyers.

We understand how difficult child support hearings and parenting plan hearings can be on a family because we’re people.

We also happen to be Palm Beach child support modification lawyers, Broward child support modification lawyers, and Miami Dade child support modification lawyers.

We can help.

Our South Florida family law attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, and throughout Florida.

If you need assistance with compassion and respect in the handling of your child support payments in Palm Beach, Broward or Miami Dade, or if you simply have a few questions about child support modifications in Florida please contact us.

We want to hear your story and share ours.

Related Partners

Related Attorneys

No items found