Restoration of Former Name After Florida Divorce

AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Users Can Dial: **CHILD

Many Florida divorce lawyers fail to let their clients know that a spouse can restore their former name during the final judgment process of a Florida dissolution of marriage.

Florida law permits the court to restore the former name of a spouse in a Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.

A spouse who desires restoration of a name must simply request it, normally within the original petition or a counter-petition for dissolution of marriage.

However, the court can restore the spouse only to the name immediately prior to the marriage. A spouse who wishes to change a name to anything other than the prior name normally has to take additional steps.

Do you like our straight forward, and easy to understand explanations of complex legal concepts?

Around here we have a saying, “If you can’t explain it in simple language, you don’t really understand it.”

We’re changing the way people think about lawyers.

We understand how difficult it can be to initiate divorce proceedings because we’re people.

We also happen to be Palm Beach divorce lawyers, Broward divorce lawyers, and Miami Dade divorce lawyers.

We can help.

Our South Florida Divorce Attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, and throughout Florida.

If you need assistance with compassion and respect in the handling of your dissolution of marriage, or if you simply have a few questions about divorce in Florida please contact us.

We want to hear your story and share ours.

Related Partners

Related Attorneys

No items found