O-1 Visa: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Users Can Dial: **Lawyers
U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services (USCIS) has a set fee schedule for O-1 Visas. The following is the fee breakdown for filing, and our attorney fees:
- O-1 USCIS Fee: $460;
- Attorney Fee: $4,000
USCIS states the O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for individuals who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who can demonstrate a record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.
There are a a few types of O-1 Visas, each with their own specific qualifications. They include:
- O-1A: for individuals with an extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics;
- O-1B: for individuals with an extraordinary ability in the arts or extraordinary achievement in motion picture or television industry;
- For individuals who are integral to O-1A’s activities and will accompany an O-1, artist or athlete, to assist in a specific event or performance.
- For individuals who are essential to complete an O-1B’s production. The O-2 worker must possess critical skills that cannot be readily performed by a U.S. worker, and are essential for O-1 to have a successful performance.
- O-3: individuals who are the spouse or children of O-1’s and O-2’s.
How to Qualify
In order to qualify for an O-1 Visa, the applicant must demonstrate extraordinary ability by sustained national or international acclaim and must be coming temporarily to the United States to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability.
Extraordinary ability in the fields of science, education, business or athletics means that the individual is an expert in the area, being part of a small percentage of people who are at the top of their field.
Extraordinary ability in the field of arts means distinction. Distinction meaning that the person has achieved a high level in their field, which is evidenced by skill and more than ordinary recognition. The person could be described as well-known, leading or renowned in the field of arts.
Extraordinary ability in the motion picture or television industry, means that the applicant must demonstrate extraordinary achievement evidenced through a more than ordinary degree of skill and recognition. The applicant could be described as being outstanding, notable or leading in the field of motion picture and/or television.
Period of Stay
The initial period of stay after qualifying for an O-1 Visa is 3 years. After 3 years the O-1 Visa holder may apply for an extension to complete the initial activity or event. If approved, extensions are granted in 1 year increments.
Our Florida Immigration Attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, and most other Florida cities and counties.
Call us. We want to hear your story and share our experience.