Student and Exchange Visitors

AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Users Can Dial: **LAWYERS

Fee Schedule

U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services (USCIS) has a set fee schedule for Student & Exchange Visitor Visas. The following is the fee breakdown for filing, and our attorney fees:

  • Student Visa USCIS Fee: $360;
  • Exchange Visitor USCIS Fee: $340
  • Attorney Fee: $1,999

Student Visas: F-1 and M-1

Students who want to study full-time in the United States will need a student visa. There are two types of nonimmigrant student visa categories: the F and M visas.

The F-1 Visa is allows individuals to enter the U.S. as full-time students at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program. The course must end with a degree, diploma, or certificate from a U.S. authorized school.

The M-1 Visa is for students in vocational or other types of nonacademic programs.


In order to obtain an F-1 or M-1 Visa, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be enrolled in an “academic” educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program;
  • Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcement;
  • You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution;
  • You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency;
  • You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of study;
  • You must maintain a residence abroad which you have no intention of giving up.

Exchange Visitor Visas: J-1 

Exchange Visitor Visas are for those individuals who intend to participate in approved programs such as teaching, instructing or lecturing, studying, observing, conducting research, consulting, demonstrating special skills, receiving training, or receiving graduate medical education or training.

The U.S. Department of State designates certain public and private entities to act as exchange sponsors. Examples of the various types of exchange visitors includes, but is not limited to:

  • Professors or scholars;
  • Research assistants;
  • Students;
  • Trainees;
  • Teachers;
  • Specialists;
  • Nannies/Au pairs;
  • Camp counselors

J-1 Visa holders are authorized to work in the U.S. but only under the terms of the exchange program.

Our South Florida Immigration Attorneys understand the long and often complicated process of the U.S. Immigration system. Our Florida Immigration Lawyers can help guide you in selecting the best option for you.

Our Florida Immigration Attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County, Broward County, Miami Dade County, and most other Florida cities and counties.

Call us. We want to hear your story and share our experience.

Related Partners

Related Attorneys

No items found